The Itasca County Pickleball Association (ICPA) was formed in 2015 with the adoption of by-laws and an election of an ICPA Board of Directors.
The names of individuals currently serving on the ICPA Board can be found on the WEB site
We are very proud of our accomplishments in our few years of existence. These accomplishments would not have been possible without the hard work, dedication and passion of many people within our organization. We thank everyone who has volunteered with their time and talents, in so many ways.
Volunteer efforts are always appreciated. Please contact one of the board members if you wish to help in any way.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- Coordinated and scheduled outdoor pickleball at the Outdoor Courts (ODC) located at the Itasca County Family YMCA . Indoor venues are the YMCA and and recently some local schools.
- Organized and hosted the Lakes & Loons Pickleball Tournaments every year in September from 2016 through 2019. Covid-19 prevented us from having a tournament in 2020 and 2021. Players come from throughout Minnesota and numerous other states. Many of the players compete in more than one event. This tournament is our primary fundraiser to support the ICPA activities. We have a financial obligation to the ODC Maintenance fund of $3000.00 yearly, plus insurance, technology services and other expenses to cover.
- Beginner PB lessons, mid-level PB skills & drills and PB socials throughout the summer and fall season.
- Formed an implementation committee to construct an outdoor court facility at the YMCA. This was a collaboration between the Itasca County Pickleball Association, City of Grand Rapids, Itasca County Family YMCA and the Grand Rapids Area Basketball Association. The new venue includes 6 pickleball courts, a basketball court and four square courts. Our fundraising goal was completed with total donations of $325,000.00. Groundbreaking occurred in October 2017 followed by a dedication and opening of the new courts in July 2018.
- In 2021, fundraising was completed to provide for the addition of 4 courts with a planned completion of late July 2022.
- Your membership and support is very important for the continued growth and development of PB in the Itasca County area. We have set a goal to increase our membership every year going forward.
- The ICPA website grandrapidspickleball.com provides information and related events for our club.
- Please join us as we continue this exciting journey!
ITASCA COUNTY PICKLEBALL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
|Balls / Nets / Loaner Paddles
||Voting Privileges/ JUNE Annual Membership Meeting
|Social Events /Fun!
||Storage Facility Code (For Equipment Use At Our Venue Sites )
|Access to Tudor Pickleball Training Machine
||Email Updates (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Organized Play At Scheduled Times
||Association News via Our Website
|Friendly Competitive Club Events
||Local Tournament Discounts